August 18, 2011

Wish List: Cross Stitch Kits

Because of the fact that for the past two weeks I have been talking mainly about cross stitching, I got myself swooning over some kits. To me, opening a kit is like a Christmas day, because there are so many beautiful things in one package and I get to play with it all!
Cross stitched work is so decorative! I mean look at this, don't you want to jump on it and make it yours?..
6
From here

There are millions of them out there, so many, so pretty, aaaah!
Well here are a few more examples.

Birth records are so fun! Again, the number of cross stitch kits for that is huge! Here are a couple that I thought would be so cute, hanging in the baby's room!

For a little princes...

2
From here

For a cuddly bear...
3
From here

For a little monkey...
4
From here

5
From here

Now as for Christmas decorations, there will probably be a whole month if not more just for talking about all the things you can do for that special occasion. Christmas is my favorite Holiday ever! But as for now, isn't this seven piece set awesome? Makes me want Christmas to be here right now!
7
From here

Maps - they are my weakness. Shows my nerdy side probably, but ever since I was a baby I loved looking at all the places on the map, thinking: "I wonder what happens there now". This is double fun - you make it, then you look at it, and you can even look at it while you make it! Alright!
1
From here

I was talking about Mill Hill a lot. So here are a couple of examples of that.
8
From here

9
From here

10
From here

Aren't they amazing? When I got my kit, I had to play with yarn and especially beads before I could start the process of making all that goodness into even more goodness.

And this one is mine. Looks so familiar now!
11
You can buy it here, but this one might not be a good idea for a beginner project... It's kind of complicated to read since the diagram has no color in it... But I say, if you like it - go for it! My way of looking at it - there is nothing you can't do!

And finally - one of my favorite cross stitch kinds - samplers.
12
From here

This one is so seasonal! I am getting myself one some day!
13
From here

14
From here

How about this bird sampler? Ah, I want to make them all!
15
From here

I can go on and on, but I have to stop myself from drooling over this, or I'm going to drown!
I hope you get and idea of how huge the number of things you can do with cross stitching skill is. Oh, don't even get me started on all the wonderful prayers and Bible verses you can stitch! My favorite one is about love. I got a whole book on this, and as soon as I make something from there, I will be sure to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment